Treatment can involve:
• Manipulation and adjustments of the spine to release the muscle spasm.
• Exercise is recommended, and your Chiropractor will suggest specific movements to help strengthen the back muscles to support the spine and relieve the pain.
• Your Chiropractor might recommend heat or cold therapy to help control pain.
• Good, healthy posture is of major importance in spinal and overall wellness. Your Chiropractor (click here) will give you exercises to do at home to retrain your muscles and help you gain or maintain good posture.
• Sitting is not good for the spine, so if you sit at a desk all day or spend a lot of time travelling to and from work, your Chiropractor will suggest you take frequent breaks. Perhaps you could walk some of the way, ride a bicycle or stand up on the train and stretch for a few minutes, or somehow break up or shorten your travel time would help.
• Remember though, you might not be able to do certain things until you back heals properly.
Getting Well Again
Laugh a lot. Laughter can ease pain, relieve stress, lift both your immune system and your spirit, and burn calories. Watch more comedy, socialise with people who make you laugh, and spend more time watching cats or puppies, or little kids at play. Better still, play with them.
Wembley, Perth Chiropractor, is available to help with your Facet Joint Syndrome, back and neck pain, headaches, sciatica, poor posture, sporting injuries and repetitive strain injuries. Give us a call. (08) 9382 3466 email@example.com